Top 5 E-commerce tools in WordPress which will explain the features of E-commerce plugin that is necessary and right choice for your business. On the other hand, you will find that there are some niche e-commerce plugins for completing certain jobs – like selling digital download online.
After the analysis of each WP e-commerce plugin. We can suggest you choose a plugin based on your requirements. You just need to go through the entire blog to learn more about WP e-commerce plugins.
Firstly I am introducing you to the No-1 WordPress e-commerce plugin. The name is WooCommerce. This plugin can turn a WP blog is fully developed e-commerce store. The interesting fact, it was created as a fork of Jigoshop in 2011.
One major reason WooCommerce is continuously growing because it was acquired by Automattic.
As has been noted, WooCommerce is one of the best solutions to build faster and expand an online platform. This plugin is free of cost. It can support unlimited visitors and products as long as your instruction and hosting can handle it.
How is the best WP E-commerce Plugin?
- Smaller companies don’t have to spend much. Even the plugins and themes are not much costly therefore it is an economical path to start online.
- WooCommerce is the most popular plugin with it’s Automattic, affiliation and the huge community of developers.
- As can be seen. Almost e-commerce themes built for WP. Which means you won’t face any trouble with integration.
- Both advanced users and beginners can learn and use the WooCommerce theme easily. Additionally, the interface if so simple for beginners.
2- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
Easy Digital Downloads is also called EDD. This offers a simple plugin to manage and sell digital products on WP. Even though WooCommerce supports this. However, EDD has more specialties focused on the interface and digital sales.
If you are dealing with items such as eBooks, Audio clips or PDF files then you should seriously choose EDD among all other WP e-commerce plugin. As a matter of fact EDD’s success because the core plugin is free. You just need to install it on your site and instantly have a great sales platform along with the function of discount codes, activity tracking, and file access control.
Why you should choose EDD?
- It is a great option for selling digital downloads. It has a perfect solution for things such as music and eBooks.
- Extension Library is occupied with many adds, therefore, you can make the advance digital store.
- Also, there are many options for selecting your payment gateway.
- As has been noted. An advanced developer also uses EDD. A developer uses RESTful API to control modifications.
3-BigCommerce WordPress Plugin
BigCommerce has been operating its E-commerce platform for a short period. It provided its hosting and Content management system (CMS). However, BigCommerce is trying to involve with WordPress with an older version. The goal of BigCommerce is to impress companies that have built their site on WP. There is a possibility that a popular blogger wants to start advertising their products for selling.
All your sales and inventory are managed from a single dashboard. BigCommerce also has some features that called headless commerce, where WP resources are managed on the front-end to make space, catalog management and speed up processing payment on the backend.
Why this is one of the best WP E-commerce plugins?
- You can combine the great CMS in-game with the best e-commerce platform.
- The E-commerce part of your website is run on the backend. However, content is organized on the front-end.
- All PCI compliance is controlled by BigCommerce. With plugins such as WooCommerce.
- You can operate the BigCommerce system on multiple websites.
4- Jigoshop eCommerce
Jigshop E-Commerce plugin is the very first and the oldest of WP e-commerce plugin which was released in 2011. Jigoshop was a UK based company called Jigowatt. The idea to create an opensource solution where a WP user could convert their blog into an online store. The Jigoshop E-commerce brand becomes one of the modern and fastest e-commerce plugins in the market.
Jigoshop E-Commerce was compatible with many product types such as physical goods, digital products, simple and variable products. This platform has wonderful styling tools, detailed reports, and a space to manage your stock. It’s quite simple than WooCommerce and some other descendants as well.
What makes it special?
- This plugin has been around for a big time. The older plugin has been entirely changed in terms of faster version, cleaner, which is, of course, worth at least used once.
- This is an open-source, project. It is a great option for both small and large scale organizations. Beginners and experienced can save hard-earned money. However, the developer has a good opportunity for modification as much as they required.
- As can be seen. Almost all the Jigoshop E-Commerce extensions are cheaper than WooCommerce.
- Jigoshop has a large community, therefore, you can search for documentation, videos, blog posts, and other support articles at the time of creating your store.
5- Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart
This plugin shows the good ratings and setup which looks like WooCommerce, however, it is quite different from the others. One of the major differences as I have noted is Ecwid can be used on any site you would like to use. Ecwid is the better option to launch an online store if you have a Drupal website. The same goes for Facebook, Tumblr, WordPress and many more. Another key point, WooCommerce is only compatible with WordPress sites. It’s a WordPress plugin. It’s good but you have to be in a limit with it. As can be seen, Ecwid is less expensive than WooCommerce.
This is the reason many users would prefer Ecwid if they need built-in tools. It is almost similar to Cart66, where special features are already built and you don’t need to be scattered around a library or from 3rd party developers. Also, you will get support for up to 10 products, mobile responsive shopping cart, and the understanding to sell many websites.