For months now, the developer of Laravel, Mr. Taylor Otwell, had been hinting about the new update of Laravel 6.0. Well, it is finally here and now is the time to check out what the update offers. Also, with a new update comes the new branding for the framework, we’ll have a look at that too. Today we will discuss all you need to know about Laravel 6.0, the updates and laravel 6.0 new features. Before we proceed with the updated details, we would like to discuss what exactly laravel framework is, how it works and what it does.
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a free, open-source Hypertext Pre-Processor (PHP) framework developed by Taylor Otwell that allows the user to run static as well as dynamic websites as per requirement, with minimal costing as it is a free language and can be run on different servers like Windows, Linux, and UNIX. PHP was earlier known as Personal Home Page and now follows a recursive acronym. As a business that’s looking for ease of use, plugins designed for a specific function, command-line interface and scalability as parameters for selecting your host Laravel provides you with all these functions and more.
Laravel 6.0 upgrade features:
Laravel follows the semantic versioning system that allows the users to stay up-to-date with the latest upgrades. It ensures that users are abreast of major updates that come in the months of February and August (with breaking changes) along with small minor updates with a frequency of a week. It is usually advised to the users to go for a version constraint in order to keep up with the changes.
Server requirements and compatibility of Laravel 6.0 LTS:
If you work with a Laravel Homestead virtual machine then you will find the update compatible with your device and you can continue to work with the framework seamlessly. However, for others, you will require certain server extensions to work with the upgrade. A PHP >= 7.2.0 will work well with the upgraded PHP framework. The same applies to the following extensions.
- BCMath PHP Extension -Ctype PHP Extension
- JSON PHP Extension -Mbstring PHP Extension
- OpenSSL PHP Extension -PDO PHP Extension
- Tokenizer PHP Extension -XML PHP Extension
When you’re upgrading the software, it’ll take about 50 minutes to 1 hour to get the update done. According to the developer, this update of Laravel from 5.8 to 6.0 is quite seamless and one doesn’t have to worry about dealing with major changes. Furthermore, the future updates for the framework will be seamless thereby allowing you flexible integration with your current devices.
Other features of Laravel 6.0:
The long and tiresome process of creating and adding extra boilerplates around your jobs can now be avoided. You can now extract them into the middleware and then attach it to the particular job as and when required. Thereby, this particular update focuses on a better user experience.
To know about the latest updates of PHP you can also visit here :
- COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW IS ON GUTENBERG BLOCK EDITOR, ELEMENTOR AND THE DIVI WEBPAGE BUILDER
- HERE’S THE NEW DIVI 4.0 THAT LETS YOU BUILD AND CUSTOMIZE A WEBPAGE AS PER YOUR REQUIREMENTS
- THE TOP 5 WAYS TO COLLECT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
- Difference between Laravel vs Codeigniter
If you have any questions or queries you may also refer the website link from here
- DROPDOWN MENU NOT BEING DISPLAYED ON THE FIRST CLICK AFTER BEING CREATED DYNAMICALLY
- HOW TO COPY-PASTE HTML TO SUMMER NOTE
- WHY DOES NOT THE ANIMATION SPEED PARAMETER TAKE MY VARIABLE JQUERY
- CANNOT ABLE TO FETCH DATA FROM AJAX TO THE PHP PAGE
- SET DATE AND TIME IN JQUERY DATE AND TIME PICKER WITH SELENIUM