Welcome everyone, A long-awaited Editor has been released on 6th December 2018, it is really a huge release because it define what WordPress is going to be for the next foreseeable future because now we have a new editor. An old page editor or post editor that we know the TinyMCE and WYSIWYG is possibly no more. Gutenberg is very similar to divvy therefore you will not have a trouble with it, just try this and you will realize that you have already used it before, but it is going to be different for you to be in practice which is actually completely different. Oh.. oh.. don’t be sad, we have an alternative for the people who don’t want to get into this trouble called the Classic Editor, it’s free to download and everything will remain the exact same as it is in 4.9.
SAY HELLO TO NEW EDITOR – GUTENBERG
The expectation from WordPress 5.0
WordPress 5.0 is progressing to curb with some major changes. The biggest and foremost is the aforementioned Block-Based Editor and we will talk about more in a moment.
Also, it has been marked the changes in the planning of releases the WordPress as of now WordPress team released two major upgradation per year.
Now the core team is planning to diminish this process of releases WordPress, the reason to change in scheduled release model to vanish the pressure of predetermined deadlines ensue the platform would be able to make a more significant leap and we will not get updated which makes us feel that updation has many contents which aren’t meaningful.
Below are few of other foremost changes that make WordPress 5.0 version is a very interesting upgrade:
- The platform WordPress is moving towards a speculate website-building experience. This platform is already holding a good position in terms of market share. And by enhancing WordPress website building functionality, team focus to hold the market share against the Up-and-coming hosted website builder.
- There are some enhancements to the WordPress rest API. This platform rest API aid developers to create rich products engrossed with features by making it very simple to send and fetch data from your website. Through this update, developers will be able to create applications using the platform as a framework efficiently.
- Creating customize theme become facile, In the previous time, you needed at least a simple basic development background to bring together a WordPress theme but in Gutenberg, a formation of the theme will become acquirable and credit goes to Blocks thanks to it.
- Page builder plugins possibly lose some relevancy. There are many tremendous page-builder tools that you can use with WordPress some of which emulous professional platforms. Gutenberg will not be a rival for them at first but probably it discourages people from using them for a long time.
TWENTY NINETEEN THEMES
2018 gone so fast and it did not even get a single theme with its own name. View of Twenty Nineteen Theme has been changed, now it’s white styled and minimal black theme using system fonts. There is a navigation menu and left aligned logo, with one widget area in the bottom. Only two colloquialism features added to be social page icon menu (added to the top of the page) and main accent colour (users can change it as per their requirement) used for image filter, hover and links.
Other interesting Updates
Possibly I could be wrong, but the way I understand in this update. The focus of WordPress 5.0 really just to integrate Gutenberg with WordPress core.
There are many handfuls of changes (To get the full clarity you should really go through the 5.0 dev notes but there are many related to Gutenberg. Including below:
- Lodash default global scope.
- New WordPress-element script handle to swap react for editor interface extensions.
- You will get a new wp-specific script.
LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST
To engross the fantastic features into your website, it is a good idea to update your WordPress (Don’t forget to take backup of WP first in case you have any plugin or theme incompatibilities exist into it.)
If you are exasperated to know that how many people have updated or downloaded this version click here: Live counter of WP 5.0 or have a look at the released video of WP 5.0 But honestly, I am very much interested to know what do you think about 5.0
What are your thoughts on this release WP 5.0? Are you happy because it is finally in your computers? Are you going to install the Classic Editor plugin? Let me know, it would be appreciated.